Q: What is bulk moisture or bulk water?
A: Rain, snow, or groundwater.
Why is there moisture in your crawl space? Bulk water gets into a Virginia home by:
- Running down the side of your home
- Entering through cracks in foundation
- Plumbing leaks and condensation
You can get rid of moisture under your house by fully encapsulating your crawl space to prevent water and moisture from getting into your home.
The Crawl Space Encapsulation Process
- Addressing standing water issues
- Cleaning the crawl space
- Installing a vapor barrier
- Air sealing your crawl space
- Installing crawl space insulation
With house crawl space encapsulation, you are installing a series of barriers that address the different ways that moisture, humidity, and water can enter your home.
Additional Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation
On top of keeping bulk water out of your Virginia Beach home, crawl space encapsulation:
- Lowers heating and cooling bills
- Creates a more comfortable home
- Prevents mold growth
- Improves indoor air quality